Monday, January 5, 2015

Belated Wishes

Joe and I want to wish you all...

Merry Christmas…belatedly...

and a Happy New Year…also belatedly.

Christmas was both wonderful and difficult.  Difficult for the obvious reasons - missing people and traditions.  Wonderful because we felt very loved.

There were many events held over the last month.  Here is Christmas by Candlelight:
Even our patient's joined in the fun…
 We did receive a few gifts from our friends onboard.  (Notice the mac & cheese…a friend remembered that it is my comfort food.)

On Christmas Day evening, we opened our door for "Open Cabins."  Couples and families opened their doors for more than two hours for anyone wanting to visit.  The event is meant to encourage a more familial feeling of Christmas.  Here I am, with a bowl of homemade ice cream from a neighbor:




























I was worried that Christmas would be awful.  I did not feel at all festive, not even on Christmas Eve.  I spent over six overs baking on Christmas Eve evening.  However, when I awoke on Christmas Day, I found presents and goodies outside my door.  Nothing lavish, but the gifts were thoughtful.  Of course, this was followed by amazing food and fellowship.  It was a good day.  God truly blessed us this Christmas.

A total non-sequitur: I would like to make a request for prayer.  My migraines have been increasing in frequency, duration, and intensity over the last three months.  I have had five in less than four weeks.  I do not wish to go back on a preventative medication for a number of reasons, though I am not even certain if that could be easily done from here.  I have an appointment with our crew physician on Friday.  Please pray that the migraines diminish and that the physician and I are able to find a helpful treatment plan.

Thanks!  I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment